The Department of Computer Engineering at Govt. Engineering College Ajmer is known for imparting state of the art education and preparing its students for real world challenges. The initial "computer-related" courses were started in August 2000 with the intake of 30 students in Computer Engineering and 30 in Information Technology. Currently the department is having an intake of 90 students in Computer Engineering and 60 in Information Technology at B. Tech level. We attract the brightest students from the state who score very high ranks in the engineering entrance examinations, for the PG course, department has an intake of 18 students in Computer Engineering, 18 students in Information Technology and 18 students in Software Engineering. At present, the department is having a 17 regular faculty and guest faculty also, whose interests span in almost all areas of Computer Science. Computer & IT department is having 9 Computer Labs and a Central Computer Center with latest computer configuration. Each lab is having capacity of 30 computers and Center is having capacity of 100 computers. All the computers are connected in local area network (wired and wireless) with Internet Connection of 1Gbps leased line link and 100 Mbps 1:1 bandwidth. Highly configured servers have been installed department is also having the latest CISCO routers and switches for networking.
• To provide the state of art infrastructure and professional environment that enables students and staff to make significant contribution in Computer Science and Engineering & Information Technology.
• To be dynamic, innovative and flexible in devising academic programmes, structures and mechanisms.
• To produce globally competent graduates having creative skills and ethical values keeping pace with ever-changing technological advancements in Computer Science and Engineering & Information Technology.
• To carry out quality research and development for the benefit of society.
• To be recognized as a leader committed to excellence in Computer Science and Engineering & IT education, research and innovation.
The objective of the department is to prepare future generation computer professionals for long-term career in research, technical development, and applications. The curriculum emphasises on program design, analysis and implementation, with both a strong theoretical foundation and relevant practical component covering various aspects of computing and computer communications.
The department has experienced faculty members specialized in Compiler Design, Artificial Intelligence, Distributed Computing, Multimedia, RDBMS, Computer Networks, Data Communication, OOPS, Data Structures and Algorithm, Software Engineering, Operating Systems, Network Security, High Speed Networks, Theory of Computation, Mobile Computing, Design and Analysis of Algorithm and Data Mining etc.
Achievements of Department:-
1. With the coordination of Govt. Engineering College Ajmer to Ajmer Police, an android app named “Ajmer Police” is developed. The app can be downloaded from play store. The main objective of the app is to make contribution of citizens in avoiding non compliance of traffic rules. A citizen can use the app and upload the pics of various non compliances like without helmet driving, overloading, red light crossing etc.
Second feature of app is to fulfil blood required with ease. The needy can post the requirement through the app and donor may donate blood.
The third module is for providing help to senior citizen in case of any fear/emergency.
The app is developed by a team of students Rohit Kamra, Laxman Mali, Mukesh Bhati in guidance with 3 faculty members Dr. Rakesh Rathi, Sh. Vinesh Jain & Smt. Jyoti Gajrani.
2. Sh. Prakash Meena is senior member IEEE and Joint Secretary IEEE Rajasthan Subsection. He is advisor and mentor IEEE student Branch, Ajmer.
3.Mrs. Jyoti Gajrani visited University of Bordeaux, France for R&D Work.
4. Sh. Atul Choudhary, Sh. H.R. Choudhary, Sh. Dinesh Kr. Khunteta, Sh. V. P. Sharma and Sh. Vinesh Jain have book published for RBSE Board Xth and XIIth for Computer Fundamentals and Programming.
5. Sh. Vinesh Jain is member of Board of Studies (CS & IT) at RTU Kota.
6. Sh. H. R. Choudhary is member of Board of Studies (CS & IT) at RBSE, Ajmer.